Sunday, March 13, 2011

New Season!

This season kind of snuck up on me - and seeing leaf buds on our blueberries really drilled that home. Busy with other things, this year I did not get around to starting seedlings indoors, so I will be relying on Silver Heights Farm (SHF) for seedlings, and direct sow other things. This is what I have in mind for this year:

  • lettuces / greens (direct)
  • radishes (direct)
  • bush beans (direct)
  • beets (direct)
  • tomatoes (SHF)
  • summer squash (direct)
  • peppers (SHF)
  • basil (SHF)
I've had good luck with all of the above in previous years so I'm keeping things simple...maybe try a few different varieties of tomatoes and peppers. Any suggestions from my fellow roof/balcony gardeners?

PS - I have MANY seeds that I likely won't use, really just about everything and anything you may wish to grow. If you're still in the market for seeds this year, comment this post and let me know what you're interested in and I'll post back what I have. I have a bunch from Pinetree and some from Hudson Valley Seed Library, Baker's Creek, Johnny's and a few others.

4 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Have you tried Yellow Pear tomatos? They are pretty unique and tasty. If you want, I have extra seeds, heirloom variety of Yellow Pear. I'm also growing Cayenne for the first time this year. Also have extra seeds too if you want to try some.
http://nycgardening.blogspot.com/

admin said...

Yay! Glad to see you back. I'm all set with seeds, but I'll have a couple seedlings to give away soon. If you're interested just let me know.

Unknown said...

Hi,

I wanted to email you in regards in any possible advertising opportunities you may have with your website...I would be very interested in working something out with you if you have anything at the moment. Let me know if you'd be interested in working together, I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks for you time.

GothamCityMom said...

Hi all! Im a lil new to gardening but ive got sum bkyd space to grow in and a nie raised bed at a new community garden 462halsey garden. If anyone has seeds and/or seedlings to give away please let me know! Thanks so much!