It's a bummer, but IMO the AeroGarden (holiday gift from Mom!) is better left to growth of seed pods than used for a seed starter system. I figured I would give it a try since our first round of seed pods was pretty much spent and due for a change soon anyway. I think I lost an above-average number of seedlings due to damping off, which I think is quite possibly due to the design of the starter tray. The grow plugs extend down into the reservoir, which basically means the sponges are always sucking up moisture. I took it as a sign to abort mission when some of my previously robust-looking brussels sprouts seedlings keeled over. Then again, my disappointment could just be my unrealistic expectation of perfection the first time out! Only time and more experience will tell.
So, the pic above is the survivors' new home.
lacinato kale/rainbow chard - double-yield cuke - bridge to paris pepper
brussels/rainbow chard - basil
Two seedlings for two sowings on the peppers is probably a good result in the seed-starting world since I read these are difficult to germinate. I've since learned that cukes are best directly sown. Other than that, I'll give all the other participant seeds in my experiment another go next season - with more appropriate sowing timing - using methods found in The New Seed Starter's Handbook and The New Victory Garden. But since I still pine for those brussels, I might give one of the methods a shot now.